Thursday 28 July 2011

The answer to the question of the meaning of life and the correct amount of cakes to have at any one time

So it's potentially hours to go until the birth of the new boy.

Chances are that this post will have a rather large gap between me starting it and finishing, pending on when the time comes. Nevertheless I'll push on with it.

So, two boys. Brothers. Siblings. Cohorts. No matter what, it's going to be interesting. Prep has been done, Wotsists and Jaffa Cakes have been bought. Special Agent Oso has been recorded. When the time comes the boy will be spoilt rotten and basically kept quiet by whoever is watching him with the aforementioned tasty treats. That is if I can keep my hands off them myself. I swear those wotsits are laced with cocaine (have I said that in a previous post? I can't remember...). Once the new boy is in the world I'll wrench the then orange faced toddler away from his favourite animated TV panda to come and meet his sidekick and then we come home and we are a complete set. The four of us.

Four is a number that seems to fit. The thought of us all in the house together instantly makes more sense that just the boy as it is now. The more I think the more it seems such a perfect set up. Also I'll have the right amount of children to explain the amount of grey hair I have. Sweet.

Life is funny sometimes and most people ponder the eternal question, what is the meaning of life? I used to, but I don't any more because I have my own answer to that (I'll tell you later).

The things I ponder these days are stupid things. I've pondered that phrase about having your cake and eating it too. Is that not what a cake is for? To be eaten? Why would you just have one and not eat it, it makes no sense.

Before you starting thinking that I've missed the point I'm aware of the phrase and what it actually means, but fuck that I want to take it literally. And if you ever have someone say that to you, tell them that you want two identical cakes. That way you can have one and eat it too. Simple.

Anyway, enough of that. I ponder other things but I can't think of anything other than cake right now so I'm off to go and get one.

By the way you might notice some minor Amazon related changes up top and below the blog. I'm just trying something out. If you think it's a getting in the way or something let me know I'll take it off. I'm here for the art dammit.

Just click on the other adverts a million times so I can buy an iPad2.

Unless inspiration hits I'll probably post after the new boy has been born, so God only knows what time it'll go up.

Oh yeah, the meaning of life. If someone ever asks me that, my answer?

To live. So go live it. Preferably with two identical cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment